Disney’s THE LION KING will return to Vancouver for the first time since its triumphant premiere engagement in July 2010, where the production played a sold-out run at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. This exclusive 4 -week return engagement at Queen Elizabeth Theatre begins Thursday, June 18, 2015 and plays through Sunday, July 12, 2015. Opening night is set for Friday, June 19, 2015 at 7:30pm. Individual tickets for THE LION KING are on sale now! You can purchase tickets here.
The North American touring productions of THE LION KING have been seen by more than 15 million theatergoers and grossed over $1 billion to date. Having already played more than 70 cities across North America, THE LION KING now proudly returns to Vancouver’s Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
More than 70 million people around the world have experienced the phenomenon of Disney’s THE LION KING, and now you can, too, when Vancouver’s best-loved musical returns to the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Winner of six Tony Awards®, including Best Musical, this landmark musical event brings together one of the most imaginative creative teams on Broadway. Tony Award®-winning director Julie Taymor brings to life a story filled with hope and adventure set against an amazing backdrop of stunning visuals. THE LION KING also features some of Broadway’s most recognizable music, crafted by Tony Award®-winning artists Elton John and Tim Rice. There is simply nothing else like THE LION KING.
Win Tickets to The Lion King in Vancouver [contest closed! Congrats to Dilara L!]
I have a set of 4 tickets to give away to The Lion King on Thursday, June 18th for you to take the entire family. Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Leave a comment about which character from The Lion King is your favourite and why (1 entry)
- Post the following on Twitter (1 entry)
(a total of 2 entries per person only – you do not need to do daily tweets/comments!)
I will draw one winner at random from all combined entries at 12:00pm on Monday, April 19, 2015. Follow Broadway Across Canada on Twitter and Facebook for more information about their shows coming to Vancouver in 2015-2016.
- This giveaway is open to residents of Canada.
- Must be age 18 or older.
- One entry per household.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Prize includes 4 tickets to the 7:30pm, June 18th, 2015 show of The Lion King at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver. Tickets cannot be exchanged for an alternate night. No transportation or parking is included.
- Winners will be selected using Random.org. The winner will be contacted via email or twitter. If the winner does not claim the prize within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.
- a little bit of Vancouver is not responsible for any prize(s) not received.
- I will be checking the entries to make sure they are valid!
Note: I have not been compensated for this post in any way. The purpose of this post is merely to share this event and to give my readers an opportunity to win tickets.